Saturday, January 31, 2009

Leaving Laredo

First off, I don't want to offend anyone , because some people here have been very nice to me, this is just my general opinion based on my experiences here in the past 6 months.  I have discovered that prejudice is not just a white man's game.  Since I have been here, I have learned just how difficult it is to be a minority, an outsider.  I have been treated differently, and sometimes disrespectfully because of my skin color, an also because I do not speak Spanish.  I have been watched in stores like  I was gonna steal the walls of the place or something, and I even was harassed by a bus driver, he singled me out and wanted to know what was in my bag every morning as I got on the bus to go home from work, he did not questiojn the Hispanic ladies carrying bags, just me.  Although I have met some nice people here, most of my experience has been not so nice. Laredo is a beautiful city, but it's people need to get with the program, This is 2006, and AMERICA, where all people live together.  I just can't wait to get home. 

No comments:

Post a Comment